Welcome to bigfoothill.

Greetings to you. May you feel at home and enjoy what I am sharing on this little corner. I am learning as much as I can from you and fellow blogger community. It is my first attempt at blogging. Who knows, it could be another source of information for the community and at the same time it could well be another source of income for me as I am as much interested in making money online. Let's go from here...

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Angela the Diva Singer and Beauty Queen Miss Malaysia Tourism 2008 live concert at Kota Permai, Bukit Mertajam





Hope you remember my post on the temple of the Big Rock at Kota Permai.  It is the show time cum party time in celebration of the sending off of the 'gods" to heaven to meet up the god of heaven at the end of the Tiger year at most temples and hope that they will report your good deeds throughout the year that when they come back to earth on the Chinese Lunar Year of the Rabbit, they will give you a good head start for the year.  There was a daily Chinese opera show for the last couple of days before the last two days where the temple of the Big Rock have the "现场演唱会" or Live Concert was held.  Temporary food-stalls were plenty selling the hawker foods and deserts and toys.

I went home after a Chinese New Year 2011 dinner hosted by an insurance company at nearby famous  restaurant in town. As I was passing by the Big Rock temple, the concert was held at its compound and there were big crowds daily but tonight being the last night of the event, there are exceptionally more people.  The new generations like the concert more than the Chinese Opera. The young ones are not keen to watch the operas as partly due to the language spoken are a little different from the normal conversation you can be labeled  as old folks as many senior citizens are the main group of audience at opera show.

I liked the musical concert more than the opera in my younger days then. I had a great opportunity to practice video recording of the show by the singers.

Wow..I quickly went home and grab my handy cam to record the show when singer Angela was performing her songs together with the Crystal dancers.  Fantastic performance by Angela. Very energetic and lively as she engaged the audience with her sweet conversations. Later, her chaperon who is also her mother was seen promoting her albums and handed out her postcard picture to her fans.  I recommend you to get her albums which also come in two-in-one as there is a CD and a Video CD.  I got one myself and enjoy listening to it and watch her music video.

By the way, Angela is Miss Malaysia Tourism 2008 Winner and she won a host of other beauty titles to her credits.  She is a lovely lady, a beauty queen, a singing artiste and a superstar Diva. Viva Diva Angela.

See her perform live here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment