Welcome to bigfoothill.

Greetings to you. May you feel at home and enjoy what I am sharing on this little corner. I am learning as much as I can from you and fellow blogger community. It is my first attempt at blogging. Who knows, it could be another source of information for the community and at the same time it could well be another source of income for me as I am as much interested in making money online. Let's go from here...

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Landmarks demolished at Bukit Mertajam - End of sweet memories

After Gymnasium Cleared. Former General Post Office reduced to rubble

Still left standing is part of the former Telecom office front
This is what is left at the demolition site of the former General Post office building and the Telecom office building at Bukit Mertajam which a few days ago were still standing. Let us see what will the development bring to the place in the near future.  To those who have been working there years ago, those who sent their letters, post cards and telegrams, Sweet Valentine's cards to their friends and loved ones, and those who used it as a meeting point, part of that memories are deleted from memory just like some of our storage files in the floppy diskettes are being put away with no back up as newer personal computers and notebooks do not have floppy disk drive.

So back up your memories with photographs.  That is why I like photography as it can bring back or restore some lost memories and passions of the past. Life must go on.  Some people lived in the past and preferred to be still living in the past even today and refuse to change with time just like when we like to talk about the good and funny experiences we shared with our schoolmates, partners and colleagues as we meet up again and again over the years with them such as the Chinese new year reunion dinners and gatherings functions, the old boys club. It sorts of bring us together and close affinity with the things that we know we cannot do again as we get older.  I am like that too. I got the chance to share and recount the joys of my youthful days. The tide of change will destroy some but bring joy to others.  Nothing is permanent here.

So let us look ahead.  Some are too futuristic and live in high expectation of things that may not exist and get fascinated by their own desire of a better life which do not match the reality of present day. It is dangerous as we may easily get disappointed if things do not turn out the way we expected it to be.  We may end up at asylum.


Live for now. Keep it simple. Today is what I am living for as I still need to do all the house chores, send my kid to school, provide for the household needs and serve others as in the nature of my insurance business.  I am being reminded by the sermon I heard  from the pastor at Bukit Mertajam Baptist Church last Sunday where the Holy Bible talks about little creatures like the ants that you see that are busy moving and crawling about in our house. It never stops moving or gathering food unless we stop them or they are already dead.  I guess I missed watching the animated movie ANTS. I got to find sometime to bring my kid to the cinema to watch some children movies and it could be the special moments that we can touch our children and they in turn will treasure the moments spent together laughing aloud like nobody's business in the cinema like everyone at the funny episode of the movie, as they reflect back when we are permanently changing home address to another world.  Leave a legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment