Welcome to bigfoothill.

Greetings to you. May you feel at home and enjoy what I am sharing on this little corner. I am learning as much as I can from you and fellow blogger community. It is my first attempt at blogging. Who knows, it could be another source of information for the community and at the same time it could well be another source of income for me as I am as much interested in making money online. Let's go from here...

Monday, December 20, 2010

Lollipop and sugar king...what is spinning?







Oh yes..I love the lollipop that they sell at AIA Kick-off Celebration at Stadium complex recently. It brought back fond memories of my childhood days when the lollipop man would usually come to my hometown in bicycle and spin the pink threads on the circular tray mounted onto his bicycle carriage.

Sometime, me and my friends were mischievous as we sneaked our fingers into the tray to get some threads of sugar spinning around it. As kids, we used to like sweet stuff and had frequent toothaches due to the decay caused by the sugar and stuff.Those days in the sixties and early seventies, the lollipop just cost five cents for the small one and ten cents for the big one.

Today, a stick like this can cost you RM2.00.  Now that sugar price has sky-rocketed due to the shortage of it in the country, this commodity has made the price of lollipop pricey to make your little kids happy.  Anyway, our local radio stations nowadays are encouraging us to cut down on sugar consumption by telling us the benefits of healthy diet wit reduction in sugar intake. 


Malaysia sugar king must be laughing all the way to the banks with the manifolds increase in his wealth.  When he was the major player in the country, the price of sugar did not increase much.  Now we have to ask our spin doctor...What is the government doing about it to help ease the burden of the majority since there is a chain increase in our food prices?


No comments:

Post a Comment